Thursday, October 27, 2011

Hopeless Romantic? Oh Yes.


Day 2 – Your Favorite Movie

I love so many movies. I realize I said that about songs, but you must know, I’m a very indecisive person. I love romantic comedies like Get Smart, The Proposal, Father of the Bride, and Just Friends. I like watching Teeny- Bopper movies like Monte Carlo, A Cinderella Story, I hate horrors and scary movies, but I love little kid movies, like Up and Horton Hears A Who. I’m a sucker for sappy love stories- The Notebook, The Last Song, Chasing Liberty, Life As We Know It, When In Rome, Beastly and Letters to Juliet.

But my favorite movie of all time is A Walk To Remember. I love that movie with a passion. It’s so adorable (and cliché, I know).

She didn't belong, she was misunderstood, and she would change him forever

Jamie (Mandy Moore) was the last person Landon (Shane West) was likely to fall for. The daughter of the town's Baptist minister. She's serious, conservative and as far from cool as she could possibly be - and she doesn't care.

Landon is the opposite. Aimless, moody and reckless. He has no plans for the future and no faith in himself. When a prank played on a new classmate goes wrong, Landon's punishment is to tutor a young student on weekends and participate in the school play - activities that are definitely uncool and bring him into close contact with Jamie

With the scorn of his friends and initially against Jamie's wishes. Landon finds himself falling in love with her and all the things he isn't. Being together will test everything they believe in. Most of all, it will test the power of love and faith to transform a life into something worth living. (http://claudiachristin.blogspot.com/2011/05/walk-to-remember.html)


Adorable, right?

Here are some of my favorite quotes from A Walk to Remember:

Jamie: You know what I figured out today?
Landon: What?
Jamie: Maybe God has a bigger plan for me than I had for myself. Like this journey never ends. Like you were sent to me because I'm sick. To help me through all this. You're my angel.

Landon: I'm sorry she never got her miracle.
Reverend Sullivan: She did. It was you.

Landon: What are you doing here?
Jamie: I could ask you the same question.
Landon: Do you normally walk alone in cemeteries at night?
Jamie: Maybe.

Landon: Jamie saved my life. She taught me everything. About life, hope and the long journey ahead. I'll always miss her. But our love is like the wind. I can't see it, but I can feel it.

Eric: Talk to me man.
Landon: About what?
Eric: About you, about Jamie.
Landon: What's there to talk about? She's the best person I've ever known.

Eric: This girl is changing you and you don't even know it.

Landon: All I know is... you're beautiful.

Landon: Jamie... I love you. [long pause] Now would be the time to say something.
Jamie: I told you not to fall in love with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment