Monday, June 25, 2012

You Are More


Okay. There is something that bothers me. A lot. You know what I’m talking about. I’ve done it. You’ve done it. You’ve heard others do it before, and you’ll hear them do it again, probably soon.

Girls, I’m talking to you.

Putting yourself down.

You realize that when you call yourself ugly, that you’re insulting the Creator of the universe, correct? He created you, he made you in his own image. You were made in Jesus Christ’s image; therefore, when you insult yourself, you’re insulting Him.

You’re saying that His design isn’t perfect. You’re telling Him that he made a mistake. And that’s not true, because God is perfection.

He doesn’t make mistakes. When He created you, He didn’t cringe. There was no “whoops,” or “I’ll do better next time.” He didn’t try to improve you, or make you better. When he saw you, he said “It was good.” He was pleased. He was happy with His creation.


He loves you. Every time He hears you utter a word of hate towards yourself, His heart breaks. He wants you to feel beautiful. He wants you to love yourself.

Please, stop putting yourself down.

Everyday, I hear girls talking about their insecurities, their faults, mistakes, things they hate about themselves. It's horrifying. They put themselves down and express how ugly they feel or how they feel like they’re not good enough. And I don't understand why.

If you’ve been having to battle with insecurities such as your weight or looks, disregard anything anyone has ever told you, and listen to me:

 You are flawless.

Always remember, loves, You are alive. You're breathing, and you're safe and you're healthy.. That's more than a lot of people can say. People care about you. Your parents, your friends, me. It may not seem like it now, but it's true.

 If you’re someone that’s had to go through some tough times, and have turned to such actions such as this, let me just say:

 You’re worth so much more.

Because each and every one of you is precious. Yes. Precious. Precious to your family, your friends, to me. If you are insecure about your anything, please, please understand that who you are as a person shines right through whatever insecurity you have. Believe me. And if there’s an idiot in the world that can’t see it, let it go. They don't deserve to see your inner beauty.

If you ever want to talk, I’m here for you. My email is nellawafer18@yahoo.com, my twitter is @nellasourausrex, and my tumblr is http://go-on-and-escape.tumblr.com/ .

Feel free to send me messages, I’m more than willing to listen. I’m here for you.

And remember: You’re beautiful.


Love, Nell <3


No comments:

Post a Comment