Tuesday, September 18, 2012

OCTMS

On Sunday, September sixteenth, I had the best night of my life. I saw Owl City in concert.  
Kathleen and I stood in line for about an hour and a half, waiting to get in. It was general admission, so we were a bit antsy, hoping to get in and get a good spot. They finally let us in at 6:30, and we went in, and went right up to the front. We were pretty far back in the line, so we were surprised that we were able to be so close to the stage. Had there actually been seats, we would have been about the third row- and by the end of the night, everyone was so packed together, we would have been second row!
Action Item was the opening act. I'd never heard of them before, but now, their album is on my most played list on iTunes.




Anthony explaining how they get way too into playing music and make weird faces, and so they were going to pose as "true rockstars" so they wouldn't look silly.


Action Item posing as "true rockstars."



Marching Band... My new favorite song.



Then, the stage went dark, and the room went silent.

Adam comes out, and I died.

It's a scientific fact that Adam Young is the most gorgeous man on the face of the Earth.




"Here's a song for the shy boys and the pretty girls!"

During Fireflies, Adam stopped singing, and held the mic out to the audience. It was one of the coolest moments of the night.

Adam and Breanne Duren. I probably love her almost as much as him. All of my favorite songs are his duets with her.

She was actually the cutest thing. She was smiling the entire time, like she was so happy to be there, and couldn't believe it.


It was so surreal, being surrounded by people who love Adam's music just as much as I do; It was like we were a family, as cheesy as that sounds.


"I left my heart in Columbus!" -Adam Young

After the concert, Kathleen and I got pictures and autographs from Anthony...

..Brian


And this guy we met outside, Troy Williams, who we met when we were in line. He had us listen to some of his music (which is under the name Escaping Juliet), and it was actually really good! I got his autograph for when he's big and famous!

It was by far the best night of my life. It was so magical, and I can't wait until I get the chance to see him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment