Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Drowning

Day 16 – a song that makes you cry (or nearly)

A song that makes me cry has to be Storm by Lifehouse. It’s about how God didn’t take us this far to just abandon us, and even when it doesn’t seem like it, He’s always with us, He’s always watching over us.

“And I will walk on water

And you will catch me if I fall

And I will get lost into your eyes

I know everything will be alright


I know you didn't bring me out here to drown

I know everything is alright

So why am I ten feet under and upside down

Barely surviving has become my purpose

Because I'm so used to living underneath the surface


If I could just see you

Everything would be all right

If I'd see you

This darkness would turn to light”

I’ve listened to this song many times, the volume all the way up, tuning out the world, trying to believe that God is still me. And he still is, I know it.

Love, Nell


No comments:

Post a Comment